When it comes to writing, one of the most important skills is the ability to use varied vocabulary to avoid repetition and keep readers engaged. This is especially important when it comes to expressing agreement and similarity between ideas.
One commonly used phrase to express close agreement is ‘close match’. However, if you’re looking to diversify your writing, it’s important to know that there are plenty of other synonyms that you can use instead.
Here are some alternatives to ‘close match’ that you can use to express similarity or agreement:
1. Near match: This phrase conveys a strong level of similarity between two things, but there are still small differences that set them apart.
2. Almost identical: This phrase is used when two things are so similar that it’s difficult to tell them apart, but there are still some minor differences between them.
3. Similar: This word is a go-to for expressing likeness between two things. It’s a simple and straightforward way to convey agreement or similarity.
4. Comparable: This word is used when two things are similar in some way and can be compared to each other. It’s a great way to express agreement while also implying that there are differences that set the two things apart.
5. Akin: This word means that two things are related or similar to each other. It’s a great way to show agreement while also implying that the two things may be related or connected in some way.
6. Analogous: This word means that two things are similar in function, but they may not look or act the same. It’s a great way to express agreement while also highlighting the differences between two things.
7. Corresponding: This word implies similarity between two things that are related to each other. It’s a great way to express agreement while also implying that the two things are connected in some way.
Using varied vocabulary is not only important for keeping readers engaged, but it can also help to improve your SEO. Search engines like Google favor content that uses diverse vocabulary, as it signals to them that the content is high-quality and valuable.
So, the next time you’re tempted to use ‘close match’, try out one of these synonyms instead. It could help to make your writing stand out and improve your SEO at the same time.